Today has been a quiet day. I caught the shuttle bus and I was the only one in there so he said he would drop me off by the hotel. I gave him a two dollar tip so he ended up dropping me right at the entrance of the hotel which was a nice change! Hopefully the ride home will be smooth!
The conference has been good but I will admit I'm having a hard time staying awake. I went to bed at 1 am and got up at 7 am so that Scott and I could put our Bible study first. I must confess I am finding myself a little envious of him having a nice relaxing day all to himself at the hotel! There are over 2,000 people here at the conference and probably half of them have a laptop. Each afternoon it was getting harder and harder to get an internet connection and this morning I had one for about 5 minutes. It's lunch break right now so I was finally able to get on. They provided lunch today. It was really nice. I had a cup of vegetable soup and a ham and cheese wrap. The best part was that I didn't have to spend any money.
Craighton told me he had been trying call American Airlines to make sure his flight wasn't canceled and no one ever answered. I hadn't heard that they evidently canceled over 800 flights because "American is cancelling a portion of its flights starting on April 8 to conduct additional inspections of its MD-80 fleet. " He still isn't sure so he will have to head to the airport early.
Scott and I have no plans for tonight so it might be a boring blog! It will probably depend on how tired I am and what the weather is doing. My last session doesn't end until 4:30 and all of the exhibits close at 5pm. Tomorrow we take our "cruise" to Mount Vernon on the Miss Christian! I can't wait!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment