Our trip started with great company. What a joy it is to spend an uninterrupted hour with not only close family but like-minded believers. We enjoyed discussing the lastest doctrines at church, the family news, all the details of the wedding the night before and also some casual, random discussions. They dropped us off at O'Hare at 2:35 pm exactly 2 hours before our flight was scheduled to leave. We used curbside check in (which cost $2 per bag plus tip) b/c that is what our boarding pass instructed. It was nice getting rid of the big suitcases right away. When we entered the airport we immediately got into line to go through the detectors and X-Ray machines. We took off our shoes, took out the laptop and emptied our pockets. Out of our 3 bags the only problem was the water bottle that I had inside of one. They were real nice and asked me if I wanted to go back out and finish it off. I just opted to have them throw it out.
Scott and I killed two hours at our gate and loaded the plane about 15 minutes after the estimated boarding time. B/c we had printed our boarding pass the night before (thanks mom!) we were in group 2 which got to load right after first class. We headed to our seats and got settled in. The plane took off about 15 minutes late but the pilot didn't even mention it. I don't think he was too concerne
We hopped off the plane and picked up our luggage almost immediately. Then we decided to walk over to the Metro and figure out our ticket situation for the week. The man there was very helpful and recommended that we buy the week unlimited pass. It was $26.40 w
For more pictures go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/asj693/WashingtonDC_Day1?authkey=60RE0lL4GJs
No comments:
Post a Comment