Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 2 AM

I got up at 6:30 and took a shower, got ready and did some Bible study to start my morning right. After that Scott and I went down and had breakfast, hoping to catch the 8:30am shuttle. We would both take the blue line metro but I would get off sooner than he would.

My pastor has told this story about a plane that lost its landing gear and had to make an emergency landing and jokes that it is the way some of us will arrive in heaven! That’s kind of how I feel after my shuttle bus ride. The shuttle bus is suppose to leave every half hour and take us to the Ronald Reagan Airport to catch the Metro. The bus was really late which was to our advantage because we were expecting to catch the next one. We all kind of jumped in, Scott spilled his coffee right off the bat and the driver took off like a bat out of hell. I was in the very back and we were doing a lot of turning. I was struggling to keep my breakfast down. The driver kept telling us things but his accent was very thick and there was a lot of background noise. I kept asking Scott and the guy in the seat with him (chiropractor for Mt. Vernon, Illinois), “What?!”. They would just shrug their shoulders. At one point I looked up and saw the Crystal Gateway Marriott which was right next to the hotel my conference was in so I told Scott, “I think we are going right passed my hotel.” Scott asked the driver if I could be dropped off. The driver slammed on the brakes and said, “Why do you need to be dropped off here?” Then when he heard where we were going he said no it wasn’t the right place and took off again. We continued our roller coaster ride and he pulled up to a hotel and stopped hard again. At one point I commented to the chiropractor that I may need an adjustment. The driver started talking again and I told Scott I thought I was supposed to get out. The driver nodded his head and told me something about getting back, I think maybe he told me to take another shuttle to the airport to get back to the hotel but I’m not quite sure. Oh well, I’ll figure it out! I hopped out and told Scott to have a nice day. I registered quickly and am waiting for the conference to begin. More later…

No comments: