Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 1, 2010

Sunday we cleaned and made chili. We were expecting Alan and Bridget around 3:30-4pm so after lunch Scott and I set up our kayaks for fishing and headed to Paradise. I caught two northern. It was pretty terrifying. I was just casting in hopes that I wouldn't really catch anything. Scott unhooked the first one I caught which was a decent size. Then the second one that I caught was really scary. It flipped into the air. That was enough for me - I flung my pole and Scott and made him real it in the rest of the way. He lost it before I got a very good movie of it. Then mom and dad showed up so I loaned Dad my pole. He caught a little northern and I never got my pole back.



It was getting winder and starting to look like rain so Scott and I went all the way around the island. It started to sprinkle a little bit but not much. An older couple in a boat from Wisconsin stopped us to ask questions about our kayak. By the time we got in mom and dad were back and inside. Scott and I took our baths and headed up. We decided to rest and as soon as I got cozy in the camper Alan, Bridget, Hannah, and Paul showed up. We visited for a little while and then Alan and Paul put in the jet ski. Paul, Alan, Scott, and I all jet skiied.



After that Mom took Hannah, Scott, and I out on the float boat. We caught about six walleye but only brought 3 home. Dad wasn't very excited that he had three fish to clean.

No comments: