Today we worked on cleaning the cabin and started cooking for the traditional chili when someone comes into camp. Alan and Bridget left around 1:30pm and should be here around 5pm on Sunday. Scott and I continued to work on moving out to the camper so we can stay out there when they arrive. I'm actually looking forward not being slowly eaten alive by spiders. So far I have found at least 6 bites from last night.
Around noon we decided to go fish the walleye hole. Dad and Scott took the fishing boat and mom and I took the pontoon. It was fun. Scott helped mom start up the motor and I tried to tell them we didn't have enough gas but Scott's exact words were, "You have plenty of gas." We headed out to Eagle Island and found about four eagles. I took some pictures. Then we started toward the hole. All of the sudden the motor revved up and I thought mom was speeding up but then it quit and she said that she didn't do any of that. We determined quickly that we were out of gas. I switched tanks and pumped the hose. She tried to start it but it wouldn't start. After a couple of more tries we were on our way again. Once we got to the hole. We put on our minnows and propped our legs up on the side for some sun. We floated through the hole twice and the second time, while they moved to Pufahl Rock we floated around the island. Then we started to discuss our location and wanted to see something so we started up and went around the island. We were going to start casting when the guys started our direction so we quickly threw our poles out and stuck them in Scott's kayak rod holder and propped our legs up so it would look like we were fishing in the middle of nowhere. When they approached the said we needed to move it closer and my lure was only a foot in the water. They went back in and I trolled while mom drove in.
After that we all went to Dryden. Dad bought these huge minnows. I'm really not interested in putting those huge things on a hook. They are about 7 times as big as a regular minnow. While we were there dad heard that there were severe storm warnings out and by the time we returned we could start to see the clouds forming behind the cabin. We went online and saw that they were expecting hail, too. Scott and I put the camper down and secured all the boats. It was starting to rumble so we took our baths and headed up to watch the storm. I videotaped it as it moved across the water.
The four of us played a full round of Shang-Hai Rummy. Despite Dad's crazy antics I still smoked everyone. They were way over one hundred and I only had 70 points. We actually went to bed around 9pm which was a first around here. God protected us from the brunt of the storm. We didn't even get very much wind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment