There was an 80% chance of rain so Scott, Alan, and Paul didn't go on their fishing trip. The four guys took the fishing boat out on Eagle w/ the plan for the girls to take the float boat to Connaught Point and we would grill for lunch. I planned to kayak there. We got everything packed and loaded on the float boat including an extra kayak and the float boat started on it's way. I got about 100 yards from the dock and thought I heard thunder. I paddled a little further until I heard it it again. It was getting closer and louder so I turned around to paddle back. When they noticed me going the other direction they came back to find out what I was doing. I told them it was thundering so we decided to wait it out. We looked over Tivo Island and saw lightening strike straight down. We unloaded the float boat again and headed up. The guys still weren't back so we were hoping they went inland to wait it out. I ran back down and took a quick bath. About an half hour to an hour later the guys showed up all decked out in rain gear.
We decided to go to Busters BBQ and then Scott and I were going to head out. Paul was in rare form, and sat by me at the restaurant. All of the guys got a half rack of ribs with three sides. Mom got soup and sweet potato fries. Bridget and Hannah got BBQ Pork with sweet potato fries and I got BBQ beef brisket with onion rings. It was really good but expensive. When we got back Scott and I finished packing and headed out. This time we headed west on 17 to go home. We took route 71 with a plan to stay in Sioux Falls and/or Nestor Falls. It was a fun way to go. It was about an hour longer mainly because you drove through a lot of towns. The scenery was beautiful but the signs terrible. We missed where we wanted to go but it was only about 7pm so we decided to head to the border and spend the night in Orr, Minnesota. It was smooth sailing past the border and we missed the campground but found it after we turned around. It was a small campground probably not worth the $17 we had to pay for it. There were bathrooms and showers but you had to pay for the showers. It was a dime for 4 minutes and a quarter for 9 minutes. The showers were worse than the dorms at Sherman Hall where I stayed at U of I two weeks ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment