It was going to be another Wissmiller day. It was Scott’s and my last day in Canada. We had to finish the roof, kayak one more time and hopefully take a boat ride. After our Bible study, we headed out to work on the roof. Scott and Dad tar papered the one side and put down the 1 by 4s. Then they tore off the other side and did the same to it. While they were working Mom and I handed them supplies, moved the truck when they needed it and picked up the huge bucket of nails that they spilled. After that we cleaned the workbench and sorted all the nails. After they finished, Dad and Ron took the shingles to the Eagle River dump. Scott helped Michael put his boat away. Mom and I took a leisurely kayak trip around Paradise. We talked and enjoyed the beauty. In between everything I began to gather everything and start packing. We invited Ron and Dee over for an early dinner: fish and leftovers. Around 7pm we took off for one last boat ride. The lake was beautiful. It was how I always picture eagle lake - smooth as glass. The clouds and scenery were incredible! We saw an eagle and loons. We even got to see a beaver slap his tail just in bow of the boat. Dad and Scott started trolling around Canoe Island just west of Connaught Point. Scott would put his pole in and catch a fish. This happened 3 times and then Dad caught one. After that we went to Dad's Musky hole where I photographed a deer . We watched the sun set and even got to try out the lights on the boat. It was a beauty that only the grace of God could survive and a perfect ending to a perfect vacation!
http://picasaweb.google.com/asj693.comcast/Canada2008?authkey=zQUGVfoNlFs
No comments:
Post a Comment