Friday, July 18, 2008

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This morning we were scheduled to have breakfast at Michael and Martha’s. They were thanking Dad and Scott for helping them with the boat. When we got up it looked pretty glum and it was beginning to sprinkle. Scott and I went down to the lake to take a bath once we got up. We came up and got ready to leave then sat down and did our Bible study. Around 9 am we hopped in the Dad’s truck and drove down to their cabin. We had French toast and that good Canadian bacon. The company was even better. It’s encouraging to hear other people agree with your political views. Martha also had some great book suggestions, she is an avid reader.

After breakfast it was still raining so we headed to Dryden. We got supplies for the roof and some other knickknacks, groceries, bank, boat store and some other errands. After about 3 hours we headed home. The guys took a nap. The rain had quit and the water was fairly calm so we took the boat out a little bit west of Sunset Isle. We worked with the depth finder and did some casting. Then we went back and trolled around Tivo and Paradise. I caught two northern and a baby walleye. Scott caught a really nice sized northern. It was about 24 inches long. When we got back I kayaked over to Kulbum’s and then back south a ways before I headed in to shore. It was really sunny then and I couldn’t see where I was going so I got hung up on one of McCarty’s rocks. It was pretty easy to get off. When I got back Scott and I took our baths and called it a night.

No comments: