We decided to go fishing. I woke up around 6am and started making pb & j’s for the trip. Mom came out shortly and helped us. It was a day of first’s Dad didn’t get out of bed until about 6:30pm and he told us to quit rushing. After our Bible study, he and Scott went down to Deer Trail to get some hotspot tips and minnows from Richard. When they got back we got down to the boat and there was water all the way to the front of the boat. Dad turned on the bilge pump and water poured out of the boat for at least 10 minutes. So we all sat around and offered our fantastic advice as Dad tried to figure out where the leak was coming from. After messing with the plug a little it seemed to take care of the problem so we headed out a ways and walleye fished for a couple of hours. Not even a bite we headed to Tivo to troll before we went in. Scott caught a northern and we saw an eagle chase away another big bird. I thought it was an osprey, Dad and Scott thought that it was an eaglet and mom said it was a huge red-winged blackbird. I took some really cool pictures then we went home and took naps.
Mom accidently dropped the candle that I had left lit and there was wax all over the bathroom floor and shower. We had to scrap it off with a spoon. While we were doing it Dad was reading us excerpts out of his George W Bush book and then Groves called and asked when we were going to finish our tournament so we told them to give us a half hour. Mom got the vacuum out of the closet to help us pick up the wax and Dad decided to call Grandma. So we had to turn the vacuum off and wait for him to finish talking. When we had it done we had 15 minutes left to take our baths so Scott and I headed down to the lake. It was gorgeous. The sun was shining and the wind had died down a lot so we decided to let them finish the tournament because we had not kayaked yet today. Scott said we were going to go to Tivo but the wind had picked up a little and it was hard paddling so he settled on the southwest end of Paradise. I went around to the beach and decided to keep going. I paddled around the entire island and then back to Scott who had had one nibble and the sun was below the trees on the island so it was getting cold. We decided to head back. We paddled back and then took our baths in the shocking cold water. I really wish it would warm up a little!! My ankle was pretty swollen after yesterday’s adventures so I tried to keep it uncovered and out of the water most of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment