Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Lou, Lou!!!!! Miss ya!

July 7, 2009
It was the best day so far because I got to talk to my Lou Lou on her very special day. I remember 12 years ago when she was born. I can’t believe it has been that long but I grow to love her more and more each year! I especially love that she loves to learn about God. We didn’t get up until later today so we did our Bible study and then did some yard work. Scott cut down trees and the rest of us hauled to the burn pile and then Mom and I each took turns clipping some little trees. Then we had Chicken Tortilla Soup for lunch. Dad, Mom and Scott took naps so I went for a kayak ride. Today I went around the island the opposite way. I saw our eagles and I scared a deer. At least I’m pretty sure it was a deer. I saw a tan butt and then heard a “crashing run” with a bunch of snorting. After I got around the far point I took out my binoculars because I thought I saw an eagle on the rock. Through the binoculars I could see that there were actually eight eagles sitting on the rock. It was really cool. About that time, Mom and Dad showed up in the canoe and we headed back to shore. When we got in Dad and Scott started chopping weeds and picking up stuff off the beach while I started to rack the grass out of the water. Then Dad, Scott and I went into Vermillion Bay to buy chartreuse jigs that are supposed to be the best walleye jigs. Richard told Dad and Scott that Dale had them at the Coop and they are so popular that he keeps them stock piled. When we get there he’s out of them! Then we went to Bobby’s and bought minnows. Mom was at home making sandwiches for our late night trip but when we got home she was trimming trees again. We also noticed that Ron and Dee were back from an entire day in Dryden so Dad called Dee and asked them if they wanted to go and they jumped on it. So around 5-5:30pm we headed out. With the extra weight it was even slower but it was fun because we visited and got our poles ready. When we got out there just north of canoe island, we all six put in our poles. It was not a very fruitful day. The weather was great. The lake was beautiful. We saw a white pelican flying. I was shocked at how graceful it was and how high it could fly in the sky. It was just soaring. We also saw 5-6 eagles flying from island to island. Dee caught a perch, Mom caught a small keeper walleye, and Dad caught two small walleyes. On the way home we trolled Tivo Island and saw quite a few eagles again. Then we ended the adventure when Ron caught a good sized northern. When we got home it was almost 9pm. Dad and Scott started a fire and Mom was watching them out the window. She saw Dad reach in his pocket and hand Scott a peanut and then they would shell their peanuts and throw the shell in the fire and start the process again. Scott took a bath in the dark around 10pm. I went to bed!!

No comments: