We decided to take the floatboat out for a test run. We packed burgers and stuff to grill somewhere on an island. We invited Ron and Dee along. Dad wanted to tow the big boat behind since it was our first time out. Scott and I decided just to follow them in the big boat. Scott had to go back up for more gas so the floatboat headed out. They were stopped by Tivo Island so as we headed toward them I noticed an eagle flying, then they yelled to us to look at the eagles. It was incredible! There were at least 6 eagles, another bird that we are still arguing about what it was and about 4 vultures. They were fighting and swooping down to pick up fish entrails that someone had left. I grabbed my camera and took over a hundred pictures. Scott kept moving the boat around to get me as close as possible. It was one of the top nature experiences in my life so far. We finally pulled ourselves away and headed toward the mainland where we trolled all the way to the east side of Boat Island. Across from Boat Island was a peninsula of an island that was already setup to have a campfire and lunch. I named the Island “Hamburger Rock Island” but on the Garmin it is called Hamburger R because we grilled burgers there. After lunch we headed back and Dad decided to stop south of the reef and throw in some minnow bait. His pole wasn’t in for more than 2 seconds and he snagged a nice little walleye. Of course we had to try to get some more there so we all circled the area for a good half hour and didn’t even get another bite. Mom was driving the pontoon and I was driving the big boat. We didn’t even crash! Close to 3pm we decided to head back the wind was picking up and the water was getting a little rough. The pontoon boat went back to the cabin but Scott and I stayed and trolled around Tivo Island. Actually I took pictures. I’m pretty sure there were at least 11 eagles hiding in different trees around the island. One time I was taking pictures of eagles and looking for them in the trees and I felt something staring at me so I turned around and there was a loon about 3 feet from the boat. He popped back up about 3 times posing for me to take his picture. After his first appearance Scott discovered that his minnow was gone so we are very suspicious that psycho loon took it. As I took his picture he would turn his head for a new pose! When we got back Mom and Dad had already taken their baths in the lake so Scott and I took ours. We took the one entrails out to the rock but didn’t have any luck.
check out these incredible pictures!!!! Picasa Album
No comments:
Post a Comment