I survived Day One. It was all orientation. I started in the morning getting my computer set up for vpn & wireless printing. Then I walked with Kyle over to the Bookstore where we got our U of I id cards. The cards allow us access into the GSLIS building 24/7. Hopefully, I won't have to test/confirm that! :) They introduced all sixty of the students in our session and said that there were three sessions this year for a total of 180 students. Someone asked how many applications they turned down and they said as many as they accepted. It is humbling to see God's grace in getting into the program. Our dorm is right across the street from the GSLIS building where most of our sessions are at. It was so humid today that walking not even a block put even skinny people in a dripping sweat! Kyle and I opted out of the optional walking tour and went to Panera Bread.
After lunch we had an orientation session by the two technology departments, they were very entertaining and fun. It was easy to stay awake. Then our adviser did a introduction session on how to plan our degree. It was very informative and everyone asked some great questions. After that there was an optional technology open house so I went back to the room. As I was checking out a new assignment that was posted I crashed out until 20 minutes before our next meeting.
The next meeting was a panel of three students that have taken LEEP courses. They talked about their experiences and then we asked a lot of questions. Then they gave us Papa John's Pizza. The room was too full so I was standing outside the classroom and the Assistant Dean came over to include me. We had a very nice conversation and got to know each other a little bit. She remembered Pam taking the program a few years ago.
Now I am back at my room taking a computer break. Then I am going to go over tomorrow's readings and do a little research for my paper that is due on Tuesday. I'm going to try to go to bed around 8pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment