Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 6 - Check

Day 6 was weird b/c our class got pushed back to 2:30pm. So if you were done with your paper you had all morning. I did my Bible study, worked on group work and around 10am decided to go to iHop for breakfast. As I was finishing my hair one of my "suite mates" said she would go with me. It was pouring down rain so I wore my old tennis shoes and took my umbrella. We were getting pretty wet still but it was only a couple of blocks down the road. We had a very nice breakfast and then decided to go to the Granger Engineering Library. When we walked out the rain was still going full blast and it started to thunder. We walked 7-10 blocks to get to the library and were pretty soaked by the time we got there. We went to the front desk and introduced ourselves and asked if someone could point us toward some things to look at. At that moment, Barbara walked up and decided to give us a tour. She is one of the main staff members there. She took us back to the administrative offices and gave us handouts and took us on an hour and a half tour of the library. While we were in there the sun came back out but so did the humidity. By the time we left the library we were both late for group meetings so we headed straight back.

When I got to the room I noticed that I had an email for Hannah so I tried to type back but half of my keyboard was not working! I went to the IT Help Desk and of course they said they couldn't do anything so I called the ONU Help Desk and asked for Gary or Richard. Richard gave me a couple of ideas to try. The first one did not work. The second one was to attach another keyboard to the computer. So I checked out an extra keyboard and started backing up some of the files - especially the group project I am almost done with. Then I called my office and had Andrew and Tania get another laptop and an extra keyboard packed so that Scott could pick them up for me. I went to a counseling session in the middle of all of this and needless to say, I did not get much out of it. I don't think it's a big deal because I will probably sign up for the other required course 501.

After our lecture session I hopped in my Jimmy and headed home. I was home at 5:30pm where I started a wash, made a quesadilla for dinner, shaved my legs, took off my nail polish and packed a few items that were needed (like a buzzer for our presentation). Then an hour later I went to church and then by 8:30pm I was back on the road again to Champaign. I arrived at 10pm and resettled in. I watched a TV episode at went to bed around 11:30pm.

No comments: