Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 7 - Check

Three days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I slept in until 7am this morning. Then I got up and did my Bible study. After that around 8am I took my lovely shower. I had forgotten how much I hate taking showers with shoes on! :( Then I headed over to the GSLIS building to finish up the movie with Sarah. I caught up on our Moodle posts and designed the powerpoint slides for our group and did as much of the movie as I could until Sarah could come and record. I had about 20 minutes to kill so I called Aunt Janet in Canada. We talked for quite awhile and she caught me up on all of the latest stories.

One of the stories was about all the birds that came to eat the oat seeds she had planted on the hill. She said there were 15 mallards, 6 Canada geese, 1 Heron, and 1 loon. Hannah and I were discussing whether to believe her last night before church b/c neither of us had seen a Canada goose in Canada. Then Janet said the same thing. She said she had never seen a Canada goose in Canada either!

Sarah came in and we worked on the movie. We had it completed shortly after noon and around 1pm I headed back to the room. I talked to Mom and she said Grandma's phone should be in so I called Grandma and talked to her for a few minutes. I had about an hour to kill so I pulled out an article that I really needed to study and popped my only bag of popcorn as a special treat. I was going to hop in bed and rest and read and enjoy my popcorn. Well things didn't go as I had planned. First, the popcorn didn't pop hardly any of the corn. I figured it was good for my diet so shrugged it. Then I opened the steaming bag and poured it into a ziplock bag I had brought. Instantly the hot seeds burned through the bag exploding all over the floor, in the bed, and an especially hot one landed on my foot. It was a mess. I had to go find a broom and then used my Clorox wipes to scrub the floor -- I won't even go there except to say I will not step barefoot in this room EVER! My article was ruined and the whole room smelled like the popcorn that I was unable to eat. By then it was almost 2pm and I had to meet my group so I packed up my bag and headed back to GSLIS building.

Aunt Jane called me to invite me Saturday to see Rodney - I only mention this Bridget to make sure someone told you too. Call Jane if they didn't. I talked to her on my way over. Then my group did a dry run of our presentation and agreed that we would work tonight until it was all over. I sat through 1.5 hour lecture by the prof and then we hadn 1.5 hours of discussion group. Immediately after that my group ordered Pizza Hut and began to finalize our presentation. I ran the movie and finished the powerpoint. We got the presentation down to the required 7 minutes and decided to call it quits around 8pm. As I was leaving, Skyla from the other group told me that I where the best colors and always look nice. Then some else in my group said I always dress nice and look good. So as we were walking out I told Sarah that my niece helped me pick out a lot of the stuff I had been wearing. (new blue shirt - Lou) Then she said that what she noticed was that my jewelry always looked so cool and matched my clothes perfectly. :) I then told her it was b/c my niece and I made our own jewelry. (black long necklace w/ black earrings). It was really nice.

So I came back to the room and Megan showed up to get the laundry detergent that I brought from home. Then I put my PJ's on and started typing my paper due Friday am. Jillian knocked on my door looking for the detergent - I guess I should have brought an entire bottle rather than a small jar. :) Then Scott called and I knew church was out so I called to tell Hannah the bird story but ended up talking to Bridget for 57 minutes. It was a really nice break to talk to someone with divine viewpoint and a real life! Thanks!! Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to Lou but I do want her to know that I love her!

Tomorrow is a full day - 2 full meetings, a discussion session and then our group presentations. Kyle and I are going to have lunch at noon and study until 3pm for the Saturday final. Please pray that we will study the right materials.
Night

No comments: